Inspirational persons

My first time in a garden was with my Aunt Lorraine Tetlow,I was about 7 or 8 years old helping her pick blueberries in her garden, in the back alley of her philadelphia row home. I can still smell the blueberry cobbler we made.When she moved to Palmyra,New Jersey and had alot more space to grow, gardening was a daily thing.Aunt Lorraine had peaches,apples and cherry trees,a vegatable garden to die for with tomato,lettuce,egg plant and cabbage.Around the house was roses,from climbers to bushes.Aunt Lorraine is the reason I have the passion for Gardening.

My second encounter of inspiration was the mother of my best friend,Mrs.Marie May.Mrs.May worked in a floral shop in Palmyra,N.J.,Vicky and I would stop in to the shop after school,and MAN the FRAGRANCE was so powerfully beautiful.Mrs. May was always smiling,always gracefuly spoken words when she would to talked to us.And then at her home the Blooms were amazing in her flower garden.Her home inside always had a fresh flower arrangement on the dinning room table.Mrs.May gave me the appreciation I have for the beauty in the flower world.

And third is my Step-Father Robert Bell,Who has inspired me to get educating in something I love to do.He said I would not have to depend on any one if I educate myself and if it is in something I love to do then I would be happy.Dad was right(as usual).He is a horticulturist also and gardens in Live Oak ,Florida.He grows it all,Mr.Green Thumb he is.Currentlyhe will be 72 on July 30th this year.Now he is the Mulch Man, of Suwannee county.Delivers a min.of 5cubic yards and up to 10 yards a load.His Motto in life is "IF YOU DO NOT USE IT YOU WILL LOSE IT".He has not lost a thing,keeps on being an inspiration to us all.

So Thank You, Aunt Lorraine,Mrs.May and Bob Bell(dad),You all have been inspiring me for many years and for that reason I am happily gardening/landscapeing and Loving It

Comments

tina said…
I feel your passion for not only gardening but for the wonderful people who introduced you to gardening. I somehow think it is these people who we owe so much to in our lives and the memories you have of them are precious! Thank you for sharing.
Skeeter said…
I credit my love for gardens to my two grandmothers and my father. My grandmothers were born with green thumbs and their love was pasted along to me. My father got the green thumb as well while my mom was skipped even though she loves flowers, she has little luck with growing them. Thank goodness she has my dad to keep her happy with blooms...

Popular posts from this blog